Well I started taking Metformin Monday night. One pill at dinner time, then next week I will take two a day, then the week after three a day, then at the fourth week I will take 4 a day and continue with that. My first pill was quite an experience. For those of you who don't know Metformin causes G. I problems (upset stomach, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea) I got the latter. I was expecting this so I wasn't that worried, but it still sucked! Last night I took the medicine again and only had nausea- so I was relieved, but today I still feel queasy.
I hope I get used to it, but I am worried what a higher dose will bring. My RE says to just take as much as I can stand - so I wont feel like a failure if I cant do more. She says a lot of women can stand up to 3 pills.
In other news, we finished our pre-IVF testing and are awaiting results. Also we need to apply for the Shared Risk Program and see if we qualify. We did the loan application and found out that we only qualified for half of the amount needed (damn this economy!!), so we are waiting to see if we even qualify for Shared Risk - and then we will figure out a way to pay for it! There are other IVF loans, etc.
I should know more next week.
7 comments:
yuck, metformin sounds like no fun! that is one i havent had to take.
i hope the money situation sorts out!!
Ugh that makes me nervous! Did your doc say whether or not your body gets used to it or not? Let me know? I'm going to be starting it soon too. Bleh!
What loan program did you apply to?? We have been searching for the best loan for IVF and any hints would be great:) Metformin doesn't sound like fun...fortunately I haven't taken that yet. GOOD LUCK:)
The met messed with my stomach for the first month. After that it got easier. Ask for the extended release ones if you can, they helped me a lot.
GL!
met sucks but it has helped me O, i'm on 4 a day, make sure you eat when you take them, especially when you up your dose. and try to stay away from carbs, it makes the s/e's worse. GL!
Sounds awful. Why do you have to take diabetes meds?
Ditto Mary, ask your doc about the extended release ones. The regular ones were agony to take. Now, I just take them all at night. The side effects are less as well with the E.R. Good luck!
Post a Comment