Hi all sorry it has been so long but I have been the biggest couch potato this weekend!!!
Ok on Thursday we did the Retrieval. We got 15 eggs which is not too shabby for one hardworking ovary!! It wasn't so bad but still a little scary since it is a surgery. I woke up in pain so they gave me some pain meds and then we were able to go home were I was pampered by my hubby!
On Friday they called us and said that none of them had signs of fertilization (talk about a heart stopping moment!) and that they did "emergency ICSI on 7 of them) the remaining ones had signs of the polar bodies so they left them alone.
So one sleepless and tear-filled night later they called again and said 8 of them had fertilized!!!!! (UGHH Relief, pure relief!!!)
And today they called and said we would blast (take them to blastocyst stage) them all and do a day 5 transfer and (drum roll please) there are now 8 -12 embryos that look good. I wish they would have let me know that it is ok to have late bloomers!!! It would have saved me and DH alot of heartache. But now I am so excited that I am only looking ahead!!
So the F. E. T. is set for Wednesday Morning. I will do acupuncture before and after my transfer.
I can't say how much of a roller coaster ride this month has been. All of the highs and lows (and throw in lots of hormones and meds, and soreness!!!) let's just say it will all be worth it in the end.
Thank you all for your support!!!
8 comments:
Woohooo!! I'll see you tomorrow and wish you luck in person!!
xoxo
Stephy
Yay! That's great news!(((HUGS)))
What a change to go from none to 8-12!
I'm not terrible versed in IVF, but I have never seen a clinic 5 day transfer and freeze the embryos for a few days? Was that due to early fert report looking grim?
Hope the transfer goes great! Good luck!
Wow what a up and down day with that news but in the end it is great news!!! YEAH!!!! Thinking of you and sending lots of sticky vibes your way after transfer!
Congrats! That's grew news. I'm sure that was definitely a scary day when they told you they were not fertilizing. Glad everything is looking super positive now. Your BFP is on its way!
yayy! that is awesome. youve been on a rollercoaster the past few days, no doubt about it. after your transfer, make sure to spoil youreself for a job well done. :)
Good Luck! I'm pulling for you!!
I'm playing catch-up on your blogs. I felt like I was on a roller coaster just reading this post. I can't imagine how you felt living it! I'm glad they fertilized. Now on to more reading...
Post a Comment