Thursday, August 6, 2009

Graduation

Well it is finally here. We have graduated from our RE. I have so many mixed emotions. I am ecstatic that our baby is doing great and I can go to a regular OB, but I am so sad to leave the place that has made me feel so safe for the past 2 years.

We got to see the baby! He/she is doing very well! We got to see the head and the arm and leg buds, and of course the beautiful heart beat! I still can't believe that this is actually happening to us.

I threw up this morning so that was a good sign telling me the ultrasound would go well!! My doc told me to finish out the Progesterone I have left and then that's it! I have an appointment next week to meet my new OB. I am pretty excited. My RE says she has heard good things about him, so that makes me fell better about moving on.

13 comments:

Gina said...

Congrats Grad!

It's a little scary switching from the RE to the OB, but i'm pretty sure those feelings are normal.

The only thing that stinks is that you have to wait for your appointments, and you dont get to see the baby that often.

osuraj said...

I am terrified to switch from RE to OB! I know the level of service will be totally different, but it is a blessing too...we are now "normal"...who would've thought!?!

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

congrats on graudating! that is a HUGE milestone! like everyone says, the hardest thing is having less frequent ultrasounds and appointments. trust all is well with your sweet baby!

Just Believing said...

Yeah Dianne!!! This is so exciting! So excited to be following your PREGNANCY JOURNEY!

Ashley said...

That's so exciting!! I feel your pain..I cried when I graduated..its scary when you leave!! I don't think we will ever stop worrying until we hold our babies..even then I don't think it will be totally gone. So glad all is well!!

Meant to be a mom said...

Congrats on the moving on to your ob. I know its scary but that just means that your moving right along.
aren't the ultrasounds amazing. So beautiful!
I'm glad you got to see your little one and all was good.

Mandy @ The Party of 3 said...

Congrats Grad:):)

Unknown said...

Check out my blog....you have an award!!!

http://mommymandymusings.blogspot.com/

Melissa said...

Congrats on graduating!! I rented a doppler over the internet so I could listen to the heart beat when ever I wanted, this helped my nerves alot instead of having to wait for the next appointment.

Enjoy your pregnancy!!!!

Mary said...

I'm SO thrilled for you!!!

Good Egg Hatched said...

Congratulations -- such wonderful news! The OB's office is definitely a transition...I've found they are a lot less used to the sort of fears and neuroses that we IF patients bring...but one very good thing about it is that over time it helps you to be around "normal" pregnant women in the waiting room, and deal with doctors/nurses who just assume everything will be okay. Slowly I am starting to lose my constant sense of doom and feel more confident, and I hope that happens for you too! Congrats again and enjoy.

L said...

Such great news! Congrats!

Amber said...

Congrats Graduate:)