I went in for my 37 week check on Wednesday. Ouch, if that hurts that much I can only imagine what I am in for!!!
Goods news though I am 1 centimeter dilated and 50% effaced. I am really glad to hear that some work is being done for me ahead of time! At least the pains and achy-ness (I don't think that is a word) I have been feeling (like PMS cramps) have been worth something!
Let's see I still need to put together my hospital bag (my goal for this rockin Friday night), have my hubby install and get the car seat checked at the Fire Dept.; I think that will be this week; and buy a few last minute items at Babies r us (nothing essential though; we have all that done!
And oh yeah - reassemble the pack n play inside the bedroom since it doesn't fit through the doorway (poor Daddy to be :( )
I have been trying to get super organized at work and stay on top of my chores at home since she could be coming at any time now!!
Any suggestions for hospital bag essentials they don't tell you about??
3 comments:
OK first thing is first - congrats on being 37 weeks. Looks like you are all cooked and ready to go, I am so excited for you!!!
Second thing - I laughed at your term "rockin Friday night" because I remember when I was pregnant and it was new years eve and hubby asked what I wanted to do to celebrate our last NYE pre baby. I was like "Im 37 weeks pregnant I just want to eat Mexican food, watch a DVD and go to bed." so that is what we did and I was asleep by 9pm!
Last of all - hospital bag advice: the hospital reccommended to us that we bring some mittens to stop bubs scratching their face but we found baby socks over their hands worked much better as they seem to stay on better where as the mittens would fall off. And your belly pic looks beautiful too! All the best!!
BRING YOUR OWN TOILET PAPER! My hospital had the crappiest toilet paper and I could barely get it out of the dispenser and, oh, you don't even want to know the thoughts I had about that dispenser. After delivery I had my husband bring back a couple rolls from the house for me... so much better. You use the peri bottle so it seems like it wouldn't matter that much, but it does and you still need some thing to dry off with.
One thing I wish I had bought was a moses basket. I kept moving that pack n play from one area of the house to another while he was an infant. I went to a friends house who had a moses basket and she could just go from room to room with it!!
Post a Comment