Hi all,
I took a breastfeeding class this weekend - I am SO glad I did!! It was very informative and empowering. I really think I can do this!!! I am of course blessed that I have the option to work from home - this will help out tremendously with exclusively breastfeeding.
I asked the labor and delivery nurse about my question of are these menstrual like pains Braxton Hicks Contractions?
She said no. That Braxton Hicks are the ones I was feeling up top (like your belly is tightening up.)
She told me to make sure that I am drinking enough water and that I urinate frequently to get rid of the other pains. (I am pretty sure these are what normal contractions will feel like to a degree). Also she said that if I felt 4 in one hour then to call the doctor.
Luckily they have backed off somewhat but I still am getting them at least once or twice a day.
I have my next doctor's appt. on Wednesday and he will starting checking me to see if I am dilated. I will bring up my concerns then.
7 comments:
I feel like the braxton hicks are like someone giving my uterus a nice tight hug...kind of....
but hey--if your baby decides to come now, they'd be totally fine--thats the good thing! 36 weeks wouldnt really be hurtful-however, an extra two weeks would bring them full term :) good luck! warm baths help too!
I'm glad they slowed down a little. You can talk with your doctor to and figure out exactly whats going on soon. That will be nice.
I'm interested to know if your dilated at all?? I feel like you will be for some reason, even if it is 1 cm. We will see though.
Let us know.
I'm glad your doing good.
Hi Dianne, I am glad you are somewhat more comfortable. Well done on take the BF class too. I signed up for classes and the first one (on labour and birth) scared me so much I couldn't go again and I think once bubs came I suffered for not having as much info as I needed. Arm yourself with all the knowledge you can to make it easier on yourself. xoxo
Its great you took a BF class. I felt alot better once I was informed and it made my transition to breastfeeding alot easier. Hopefully it works for you, it can be a great experience for mom and baby.
I can't believe how close you are!!! I wanted to comment on breastfeeding. I think I had such good success because I breastfed her 30 minutes after she was born while still in the delivery room. If you can try to do this...it worked much better than my friends who waited until hours later so they could accept vistors first. Good luck!!
Almost here!! So excited for you!!
I had a braxton hicks contraction a few weeks ago and wow what a tightening it was. Not much longer till your little one is here how exciting!
Post a Comment