So I am in a peaceful place today! But I probably shouldn't be!! We did NOT qualify for the Shared Risk Program (I had an elevated E2 level- which I still don't know what that means). Was I angry that we didn't qualify? No I was kind of happy. Why? Because we were stressing out about how to pay for this program that is supposed to take the stress away from you!!! Now we only have to come up with the first cycle - which we can do. Hopefully I will have alot of frozen embryos to try again if it doesn't work. And even if we have to try another fresh cycle we would have broken even on the Shared Risk Program. So I am not heartbroken about it in the least. In fact I am happy that I don't have another crazy decision to make - it is already made for me!
So in other news we have officially started our first IVF cycle!!!!!!!!!! My day one was yesterday, so I start Birth Control Pills tomorrow!!! I will be on those for three weeks, then comes the injections and monitoring for a week and a half then the egg retrieval, and a few days after that the transfer!!!!!
So in 5 weeks we might be pregnant!!!! I am so excited that we can really try!! Not looking forward to the shots but who cares at this point!!!
7 comments:
GL sweetie--I'll be rooting for you guys!
and i might be an aunt! im sooo excited for you guys. and im praying for it everyday! Debbie
We didnt even test for the Shared Risk program for those exact reasons. We figured if the first time doesnt work, were hoping to do a FET, which gives us two chances and is still cheaper than the Shared Risk. Great minds think alike. ;)
Enjoy these first few weeks on BCPs. They will be slow and drag, but boy, it picks up once you start injections. Let me know if you have any questions or need anything.
Yay, Im so glad you started your IVF cycle, thats great!
Hopefully God works in mysterious ways and you didn't pass because you only need one cycle of IVF!!! That money for shared risk scares me to death!!! Good luck honey!!
Good Luck Dianne! Keep me posted!
Love you & Sean
I know you'll be a mommy soon. Good luck with the injections...just keep thinking of that beautiful baby you'll have at the end. Love you both!
Post a Comment