Monday, August 17, 2009

First OB appointment

Hi everyone!

Sorry I haven't blogged in awhile. I have been trying to keep up with all of you though.

Well we had our first meting with my new OB. He was really nice. I had a recommendation from a good friend, so I felt very comfortable going there. I did have another OB previous to my fertility treatments, but I hated them - and I knew several people who had bad experiences with them - needless to say I was not going to put my offspring's well-being in those hands!!!

So Sean and I went there last week. It was just a getting to know you type of visit. I did some blood work, a urine test, and filled out paperwork. Talked about how much water to drink - yikes a GALLON a day. Whew I hope there won't be any lines to the bathroom!!! What medications are safe, and of course nutrition guidelines.

All in all I kind of left saying to myself - that's it? Their recommendation was to read "What to expect when your expecting", and call if I have any questions. Other than that see you in a few weeks for an ultrasound, and an exam.

I know all you ladies told me it would be a lot different than the RE's but wow! So little monitoring!!! (at this stage anyways) Definitely something I will have to get used to.

They did seem empathetic with the fact that we conceived via IVF. They know what a big deal this baby is for us. And he told me to call at any time. I really like the fact that he will always be there.

In other news. I lost a pound and a half since before IVF. Not really surprised there since I have been queasy and eating smaller more frequent meals. I am still feeling the morning sickness, but am grateful that it is there so I know things are looking good.

I ordered 3 Bella Bands online!! They should come this week. I don't really need them just yet, but I plan on using them for all the outfits that didn't quite fit anyways!! (Marriage and fertililty treatments, and ok fast food = bigger pant size!!!)

7 comments:

Lindsey Nations said...

I'm glad to hear you like your OB! It is strange how little they monitor, especially to begin with. Just don't hesitate to call him if you have any questions or concerns! That's what they get paid the big bucks for:-) Can't wait to see pics from your next ultrasound!!

Meant to be a mom said...

I'm glad to hear your appt went well with your new OB. I hope they are always really good for you through all of this pregnancy. It can be frustrating if they aren't and you deserve to have a doctor that makes you feel like they actually do care.
2 weeks and then an Ultrasound, I can't wait to hear about that.

The Nunnallys said...

What to Expect When you are expecting is a good book, but I would recommend the Dr. Sears Pregnancy book. I loved it and it was much better the other book. Congrats on your baby!!

Once Upon A Time said...

That's great that you like your new OB. I hope you like the Bella Bands too- they've been a lifesaver for me so far!

Unknown said...

A regular OB does take some getting used to. you get so used to the daily blood draws and twice a week ultrasounds that it almost seems weird going for an entire week without a doctor's appt!

Jackie B. said...

I'm happy your meeting went well. Can't wait till your next ultra-sound!

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

ahh yes. going from many appts a week to once a month. its hard, isnt it? it took me a while to appreciate it. its good thing, it means all is well with you and that baby!!

time will fly and soon youll be making appointments closer together. :)