Tuesday, August 18, 2009

My view as a Twin

This is kind of a random post!

I am an identical twin (My sister's picture is on the right side of my blog). It is awesome being a twin!! Especially since we look the same! I always thought that identical twins were so much cooler than fraternal twins, I mean come on they're identical!!!

But that was before TTC! With all the fraternal twins out there because of IVF and IUI, I find myself becoming very interested in fraternal twins.

I am only pregnant with one baby, but it could have easliy been two or even three, since we transfered two embryos. I am VERY happy with one!! I start to get overwhelmed just thinking about the lack of sleep we will have with just one baby!!!

But who knows maybe for our next try we might get twins, you never know! We have four frozen embryos that will hopefully bring us more children later on. Right now I am very content with my one little bun in my oven!!

Twins rule!! all kinds!!!

5 comments:

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

i wonder if we will get twins the second time around, too. we also have 4 frozen possibilites, wating to be part of our family. :)

my hubby is a fraternal twin. twins run in my family. i always felt like we would have them, even before i know we were infertile!

thank goodness were both having one heathly baby to start with!!

Paxton said...

Yeah IVF starts to make you realise all babies are cool whether they are in sets of two or three or just singles, whether they are biologically your own or whether they are givento you out of love my a donor etc...
I was desperate for any baby before we were blessed with Nickie. If the doctor had've said congrats you are pregnant with a baby turtle I would have been thrilled haha. Hope your little baby is doing well in your tummy :)

Meant to be a mom said...

I wonder the same thing. Since we only got pg with one on our IVF cycle as well. Like you we are very excited for the one but who knows maybe next time it will be two. Can you imagine. How fun. And since your already a twin it would be really neat if you had twins even if they aren't identical.

Jackie B. said...

I think I would have liked to have twin or another sibling that my Mom created. Makes it less lonely.

Shannon said...

Its a different feeling to be part of the "twins world" now, even if we are having fraternal b/g twins. I love identical twins because they look alike but I also think its going to be interesting to see how my twins interact after being inside me together for so long.

I love that you're having one baby but I still think it would be cool for you to have twins next time, I guess we'll see! :)