Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Celebrity Infertility

I just heard that Celine Dion's last two IVF attempts were unsuccessful. Apparently they thought one of them took, but it was probably a "chemical pregnancy" (I don't like that term - I think it diminishes it too much).

It really makes you think, wow if they are having problems - with all the money they have, how are the normal people supposed to cope.

I have been feeling very reflective lately. I am one of the lucky ones - I am pregnant. It took two years and many procedures, but we did it; it worked. And now instead of countless appointments, horrible shots, crazy hormones, emotional and financial stress - I have a healthy normal pregnancy. I am blessed. I never thought I would feel this way. I thought that after I became pregnant - I would say to myself, "Ha I did it. I deserve this. I fought for this, Hell I paid for this, with blood sweat and tears." But now all I say to myself is, "Wow, we did it, Thank God."

Continued prayers and well wishes to those out there that are still fighting.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Thanks for thinking of those of us who are STILL TTC!!

Melissa said...

It is very sad to hear about her news. I was very excited to hear that he got pregnant from IVF.

I am glad that you are having healthy pregnancy! And my dear, you do deserve this! Albeit thanking God too but it all paid off.

Thanks for thinking of us who are on the TTC road.