Hi Everyone,
This is my first blog. My friend Marijana from college has one and it inspired me to create my own!
My husband Sean and I have been trying to conceive for almost a year and a half now. That sounds like a long time (because it is!!! okay I got that out of my system!) it really isn't that long though - here is why:
The first 4 months we tried like any other couple - I montored my cycle with Ovualtion Predictor Kits (OPK's) and found that I was ovulating way past day 14 like a normal girl. Also, I was spotting alot, so I started to chart my temperature with A BBT chart (it looked like a heart monitor reading - not helpful at all!!! - My cycles seemed so strange to me. So I went to my OBGYN (Now this sounds like a drastic step for a woman only 25, but I have an interesting history: I had my right ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cysts. I also had cysts on my left ovary but they were able to save it, Thank God! SO with all this in mind I went to the doctor: she said that wasn't ovulating on my own (Agh - now it made sense - out of whack BBT, spotting for weeks at a time, late OPK results!)
I was so ready to start fertility drugs! So I saw an Reproductive Endocrinologist (RE - fertilty doctor). I had an HSG done to make sure my tube wasn't blocked (It looked really funny on the X-ray since I only have one tube left!!). This procedure feels like the worst PMS cramping you have ever had!! But toally worth it (my results from that and my day 3 bloodwork to check my hormone levels all came back fine - ans Sean's bloodwork and sperm analysis were fine too by the way). So why wasn't I ovulating??? (I still do not know to this day)
So after all of the tests came the drugs: Clomid 50 mg for six months with a HCG trigger shot to release the egg (that I have to give myself!!!). Sounds good enough - so for the next six months (with a three month period in-between due to changing insurances - don't get me started on insurance we are on 4,500 dollars out of pocket and counting!!) I took the clomid tablets, went in for my day 11 violation - I mean ultrasound :) and took the trigger shot based on what the ultrasound said. And nothing! I made follicles each time, I even had two follicles on my last round, but every month the same thing - a negative pregnancy test.
So this brings us to present day (I left a little out just so I don't bore you!):
This month we're moving onto Intra Uterine Insemination (IUI). I take FSH-follistim three times (three self administered injections) and 100 mg of clomid, then go in for my ultasound, take the trigger shot to release the eggs then 36 hours later Sean and I go in to do the insemination.
Today is my day 9; that means that I have alreay taken the fertilty medication; I go in for my ultasound on Saturday and see how many follicles are there.
I hope that this will work; I really need it to work!! So please think good thoughts for me!!
2 comments:
Good Luck sweetie! I am hear for you if you ever need to vent :)
Hugs!
I had no idea you two were going through so much. I really hope and pray this works out. I'd love to hear I have another niece or nephew on the way. I'll keep checking in to see how you're doing. If you ever need to talk, I'm here for you :)
Love,
Jackie B.
Post a Comment