Friday, January 23, 2009

Beaten Down

So I am in a really bad mood right now. I am so stressed about financing IVF, and whether or not we will qualify for it and the Shared Risk Program. I was approve for half of the amount for Shared Risk so that leaves us with another 10,000 dollars to come up with, not to mention the cost of medication!!!

I am so ready to just throw in the towel. I want a baby more than anything but I don't want to think about this anymore. I fell like at any moment I might punch a wall, or start crying hysterically. I hat the waiting. I can't believe that this is all going to boil down to money. If we would have applied 6 months ago we would have qualified no problem, but now no one wants to give out money!

If anyone has any ideas about financing please let me know!!

6 comments:

L said...

I am so sorry, I pray things work out for you. Don't give up! ((hugs))

Mary said...

Ugh! Can you refinance your house or take out a home equity loan? Credit cards?
I'm curious - what state do you live in? Some states have assistance programs set up for IF issues.

I pray you'll be able to find a way to do this. You have to. I barely know you but can tell that you have way too much love in your heart to let money come between you and your baby.

Hang strong. It's okay to break down and cry if ou need to. From pain comes strength.

Ashley said...

That really SUCKS!! We are in the same boat...looking for a way to finance the shared risk. My DH was complaining because you can get a loan for a lower interest rate if you are getting a boob job than for IVF!! That really makes me mad!! I'm praying that you find away:)

Shannon said...

Hi Dianne,

Its so frustrating to think about money stopping your plans to become a mom, ugh!

I know that some places have Health care financing, including Capital One. Check out this site:
http://www.capitalonehealthcarefinance.com/fertility/

You are in my prayers and thoughts, good luck!

Jill said...

Just wanted to send some hugs. I took out a new credit card with no interest for 15 months. I pay at least a $1000 a month to help with the IVF expenses we've incurred. That's the only advice I have!

Anonymous said...

Don't give up! I was gonna suggest a credit card too with zero interest. Or what about a loan from a bank? There's always a way :)