Hi all,
Nothing really new to report. I have my next and probably final ultrasound with my RE tomorrow. Since I am 6 1/2 weeks pregnant they should be able to see the heartbeat! I can't wait!
I am still experiencing a lot of nausea! No throwing up yet but believe me I have tried!! Nothing like dry heaving in the morning to get you going!
I have officially been totally caffeine free for a week now. I was under the impression (from all the info in books and websites) that one soda a day was fine since the amount of caffeine in those is well under the "safe amounts for pregnant women". But at my last visit the doctor told me to cut it out completely! So I have done it! I am caffeine free!!! It actually wasn't that bad considering I was only on one soda a day. But now I don't have my little pick me up that would be so nice when I am falling asleep at my desk!!
Oh well it is so worth it in the end!!!!!!! I am trying to enjoy the moments when I feel okay. And when I am feeling like crap (which is more often than not these days) I just remember that a sick momma usually means a healthy baby!! And I remember all of the girls out there who would love to be dry heaving in the mornings - I was one of those girls not to long ago. And I will NEVER forget that. Good Luck to everyone!! And congrats to the ladies who are celebrating their BFP's !!!
12 comments:
Congrats!! You get to hear the heartbeat!!!:)
I'm so excited for you. I'm looking forward to when I'm the girl with the dry heaves in the morning:) That sounds kinda gross, but you know what I mean:)
Glad things are going well.
I've mentioned so things in the past on my blog, but many people will cite the 'safe limit' on caffeine, but a new study came out at the end of last year showing that basically all levels of caffeine consumption could lead to decreased growth (with the biggest problems at higher levels of course)... which I got into a bit of an argument with one person over because she was all, "Well, I'm worried about having too big of a baby." Ok, yes, when you are term a big baby can be a problem, but if you experience severe preecclampsia at 24weeks and have to deliver then, then you want every gram possible of weight on your baby and that's when no caffeine is a big deal. I don't want to be a caffeine nazi, I just want people to be informed that their is an amount of risk at all levels (if you read this and still decided to have a cup of coffee, that's your business). Anyhow, you can read the study yourself: http://www.bmj.com/cgi/content/full/337/nov03_2/a2332?maxtoshow=&HITS=10&hits=10&RESULTFORMAT=&fulltext=konje&searchid=1&FIRSTINDEX=0&resourcetype=HWCIT
I have trouble keeping going during the day too, try a piece of mint candy or gum to help perk you up.
Nice to hear an update from you, glad all is going well. Cant wait for you to see the h/b- that little flicker is such a beautiful sight!
How exciting. Its such a beautiful sound to hear.
Sorry that your sick! but your right they do say that's a good sign.
I am so happy for you!!! It'll be nice to go through this crazy ride together!!!
Congrats on being caffeine-free! Can't wait to hear about your appointment tomorrow! Heartbeat!!
Yay...I can't wait to hear the ultrasound report;) I feel your pain on the sickeness...I feel much better on the days I throw-up vs those dry heaving days;) It's worth it!!! ((HUGS))
Yay for feeling sick! Seeing the h/b for the first time is great, it's like you get to exhale...finally. Good Luck!
Nausea is never fun, but like you said it is a good sign that things are going ok! Cutting out the caffeine sucks, but as long as your doc says its ok you will probably be able to have some soda or tea (in moderation of course) once your past the first trimester!
Thanks for the article, I am glad I gave it up!!
no "news" is good when youre pregnant. :) took me a while to figure that out and be thankful for it!!
i cut out caffeine during our ivf and after..until my pregnancy headaches began. then my doc suggested drinking a pop when i feel one coming on. she said up to 2 a day is just fine. i know all docs are different..but dont go crazy. if you need one, enjoy it! baby will be JUST fine!
Post a Comment